Night School Electricians

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the day you stop learning is the day you know everything,

so you may as well give it all up and stay at home before you kill someone.

but as to being able to learn enough in 5weeks(5days!!!) to wire someones house and leave it safe.!!!

well, thats new to me, and yet to be proven as to the actual competence.

Personally i think you learn the most when your out and about, and are faced with a problem to solve. Also very true that you will never stop learning.

It must be the worst possible way to learn a trade , that is, doing a short course at college I guess that,as with kids doing their Stats, you are being taught to pass the exam but are not really learning the trade. This government thinks if you have a piece of paper you are an expert. Some of you will now be more qualified than I am, I've only been at it for forty odd years but do not have my 17th where some of you guys do.Perhaps there should be a grade for becoming a sparks in this manner.
That sounds like driving. You train to pass your test and one you have, you really learn to drive (well most do but I have seen some lately that shouldn't have ever passed).

Ian.

A five day course is for someone who wants to do limited scope work or someone who is a spark who needs to upgrade his quals. My part p provider would not take you on unless you have the relevant quals and that won't be a five day wonder.

Batty

Fortunately that hasnt been the case for us, our tutor works in the trade all day then teaches at night, he often goes away from the course guidance so that we get real scenarios not just whats in a book.Still have to learn whats in the exams but we also get alot more practical knowledge than what the other classes are getting. Not the best entry route into the trade but ive started so ill finish it.
i think you got lucky with your lecturer there. because he is still on the tools, he will most likely be better to teach than those who only teach reading from a book. even those who are ex-electricians will nost likely have no 'on hands' experience of stuff that got changed in the 17th. possibly 16th for some