No Hot Water And Carp Service

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I`ll see you there, too ;)
Yes great KME.

Btw the engineer who turned up today was fairly new to heating/energy service company.  Thats probably why he seemed so cheerful and helpful compared to the other guys who have been here before.

Also I  have had a look on green deal scheme tonight and it seams that you get charged over the odds for a replacement boiler, you have to pay for an initial green deal assessment, then you get charged about 7% interest on this over 10 to 25 years. So could end up paying £5k for a replacement boiler!!

So although the Green deal providers are trying to sell the scheme in that you are getting a better/ more efficient heating system, and you shouldnt notice any difference in outgoings, i think alot of people wont realise exactly how much they will be paying.  Plus, what happens in 10 years time and the boiler needs replacing again but you are still paying for it?

The whole scheme seams a bit rubbish to me, so I think I will use my normal RGI for when I have the boiler replaced even if it means the evil credit card on a 0% deal.

Latest posts