Nobo Orion 512

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevotui

Reaction score
I have the above and it seems to have a fault, it stopped heating water about 2 months ago, then started again for a couple of weeks, now its stopped again, any advice appreciated,

you mean one of these http://www.nobo.com.au/html/AU/Content_Products_Controls.htm

That's not a "heating system" it's a "heating control system"

So first determine is it turning the heater on or not?  If not there's a problem with the control system.

If it is turning the heater on, but it's not heating, then the heater may be faulty.

What is the actual heater? a boiler? an immersion heater?

Hi,

Yes its a nobo controller system that times my Elson immersion heater, its all lit up, a few months ago I was suddenly without hot water, so had to use booster button, then suddenly hot water again without touching the timer, today its stopped heating the water so have had to put boost on again!!

Can you post a picture of your hot water tank?

is it one, or two immersion heaters?

Usually it's two. The bottom one heats the full tank over night at the cheap rate, and the top one heats a part tank as a boost whenever needed.

It sounds lie you have a problem with the bottom immersion heater.

Hi mate,

Not too sure how to post picture on here, the water hester in an Elson Coral E 210 Ltr

Googled it and looks same as mine, thanks for helping me out mate

Hi Pro Dave,

Thanks for all the info, it does have 2 heaters, top and bottom, I changed the fuse in the bottom one (13amp) and its working again, I remember last time I actually changed the fuse and it worked for a few weeks, any idea what could be causing it to blow fuse after 2 or 3 weeks, cheers

Well an electrician would measure the current being drawn by the heater, and do other checks to see if the element is failing.

If it goes again, I suggest you get an electrician to check it out and if necessary replace the bottom heater.

you did fit a 13A fuse not a lower rating?

Welcome to the forum Stevotui, Prodave appears to have covered the key points to assessing your problem, but a couple of other points, may have some relevance, how old is the immersion heater and control system?

Doc H.