Non electrical question - disabled bidet

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a customer who I've done a lot of work for 25% electrical rest odd jobs, painting decorating, carpentry etc etc.

The guy is in his 60/70's and suffers with Parkinson's I believe. Has to use a zimmer to get around and motorised scooter.

They have asked me to increase the height of the bidet in their upstairs toilet.

I was planning to take it out build a plinth on the floor and fix one to the wall as its got to come out 3 inches from the wall and 4.5 inches up from the floor.

Original plan was hardwood but going to be expensive so was thinking marine ply for strength.

I know it's not electrical but any suggestions guys

Thanks

Matt

4 x 2 to make sturdy base fixed to the floor, piece of either 18mm ply or 20mm chipboard flooring to top off. Paint, fix a piece of carpet what ever you choose, fix bidet. you can always line the 4 x 2 afterwards with something a little more decorative.

It's being fitted to a raised floor already made out of ....... Chipboard ffs but I'm using external ply 18mm and shaping it to the bottom of bidet. I'll take some pictures when it's finished :)

Latest posts