Not Seen Before

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

androiduk2002

Reaction score
KitchenLight.gif

Whilst looking around my house wiring ( I find it helps to understand things) I come across the above wiring , not seen anything like it before , tho im just learning I have tinkered alot over the past 20 years at least.

Just wondering if its a one off diyer or if its an old method ?

The pink area is actually a through crimp in the first ceiling rose.

nothing wrong with the design. your simply using the switch cable to take 2 switched lived, and feeding a switched live & neutral to the other light

I have one like that in my lounge too. Nice diagram btw.

Ive just never seen it done like that before, I was confused at first by finding one 1 T&E in the second fitting so I investigated it further.

Was told last week at college the final rose will be the one with 2 T&Es in hence why I was looking around to determine which is the final rose.

Was told last week at college the final rose will be the one with 2 T&Es in hence why I was looking around to determine which is the final rose.
Remember there may only be one wire at a rose anyway as switched live, N and CPC can come from switch.

Remember there may only be one wire at a rose anyway as switched live, N and CPC can come from switch.
Neutral from the switch ? something either I havent covered or havent seen,

Neutral from the switch ? something either I havent covered or havent seen,
you dont have to loop through at the light - you can at the switch then take a single twin with sw. live, neutral & earth to the light fitting

Nice diagram btw.
I agree, Ian - Well done, Android. :D You can have a Scooby for that, Mate. :)

I have changed the Pic as there was too much "White Space", I then went a step further and Made it a Transparent Image. :p

Like a kid with a new toy, so I am. :p

In my Hmmm thread you can see pictures of the consumer unit its been update to 17th edition board but not rewired, but they have fitted brown sleeving in all the switches in the house, is this wrong then ??

In my Hmmm thread you can see pictures of the consumer unit its been update to 17th edition board but not rewired, but they have fitted brown sleeving in all the switches in the house, is this wrong then ??
ideally it should be red to match the existing colours, but would comply if there was a notice warning of 2 colours

Is that brown sleeving on the red conductor in the 2nd rose? Thats not needed.