Not sure what certs to issue for jobs - i.e adding new circuit in existing dis. board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 2330 C&G level 3 goes into certs, but as I'm now aware of, half the class are braindead and will finish level 3 not even knowing what a cert is.

I think you are all beleiving folklore, as we all do from time to time. All NICEIC assessors are fully qualified and competant to assess both DI and AC contractors.

For the DI assessment the assessor only has half a day, in which time two jobs are veiwed, all the associated certificates for them will have been provided.

If the assessor picks up that an EIC has been issued where a MWC should have been more appropriate then questions will be raised.

Unfortunately the assessor can not inject his personal veiws, he has to stand by the set procedure which some could argue for DI is very limited.

Passing a degree course in politics does not make you a good politician!

Food for thought?

Manator,

I am not doubting your comments.

When I spoke to my AE about this topic, I asked him directly the question about him assessing DI's when he was a captive audience in the passenger seat of my van!

He told me that in our area, the NICEIC sub contract the DI assessments.

That is they are not undertaken by NICEIC personnel.

I am thus trying to get more info and experiences from around the country.

I have no doubt that an NICEIC AE is competent to asses both DI & AC, they would IF the AC "applies" for DI as part of their enrolment, however, would a DI assessor be competent to assess an AC?

Now IMHO that is also Food For Thought!

I think you guys are FINALLY beginning to see the cracks. Well done.

There is more going on than you think, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it further.

Thank you Sidewinder, I never realised that they could sub-contract for assessments.

Now that does indeed raise some questions.

Thank you Sidewinder, I never realised that they could sub-contract for assessments.Now that does indeed raise some questions.
They're all at it ALL SCHEMES. There are some other 'fishy' things going on which may raise a few eyebrows and they're now starting to come out into the open.

Well I was looking for the contract, however, after discussin this with KME over a cuppa earlier I now don't think I'd last a week as it is doubtful any would pass!!!

Thus no income from DI's, for NIC, loads of complaints about the harsh assessor and no more contract!...

Nic Area Engineers do not have the time to cover DI assesments.

To cope with the demand Associate Assessors have been trained and work free lance to cover DI Assessments

In my area Norfolk / Suffolk / Essex NIC Approved Contractor Q.S. personnel have been contracted to assess DIs.

heres what i was told. ok the chap i had for assessment, works directly for the NICEIC, he carries out DI assessments and also carries out AC assessments. Not all assessors do work direct for the NIC , but the majority do.

this is what i was told when i spoke to him on the day, he said there is various areas which use independent people not employed directly by the NIC.

Latest posts