Now THAT was a decent board.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why? don't you have a main fuse in a TT system?!
Yes you do, however I would be concentrating on the characteristics and clearance times of a fault with a TT system, and I would remind all that mechanical separation is not insulation.

Neither is the grey sheathing on "tails" classed as insulation.
Of course it is. You are being rather pedantic. Tails 6181Y are double insulated. Same as any twin and earth. Same as any flex. The outer sheath is protection against damage to the primary insulation is all. Or maybe you could explain your statement.

Just to add a bit to the advantages of a metalclad enclosure; I would say that in many cases the supply to the CU is via armoured cable, I cannot see that a plastic enclosure will give the same connection quality as a metal one... :C

Picked up a load of British general 10 way dual rcd fully loaded boards yesterday for

Just to add a bit to the advantages of a metalclad enclosure; I would say that in many cases the supply to the CU is via armoured cable, I cannot see that a plastic enclosure will give the same connection quality as a metal one... :C
Now I thought we are talking about TT systems here. I agree that a metalclad consumer unit may be supplied with an armoured cable it may not but if its supplied by an armoured cable it probably will have some RCD protection further back to protect the armoured cable from faults to earth. Well it would have on my jobs.