Nuaire Drimaster PIV ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richnap83

Reaction score
Hi, I have just purchased a nuaire drimaster PIV and need to connect the power. I have a socket wired in the attic and would like to fit a plug. The instructions say " the two core mains cable should be connected to a fixed wiring installation, via the isolator, via the spur. It says on the spur to use a 1Amp fuse. Can I wire a plug with a 3amp fuse and plug it in?

thanks

I know, I sound daft!! I got a 1 amp fuse but it doesn't  sit right in the plug. It seems too small. It's just a standard 13a plug that I had lying around. I have searched online but can't find a plug with a 1 amp fuse already in. Please excuse my total ignorance on the subject! 

Thanks

I know, I sound daft!! I got a 1 amp fuse but it doesn't  sit right in the plug. It seems too small. It's just a standard 13a plug that I had lying around. I have searched online but can't find a plug with a 1 amp fuse already in. Please excuse my total ignorance on the subject! 

Thanks

You have the wrong fuse then, there is more than just the current rating to consider when selecting fuses, the physical dimensions are also important. You don't have to buy a plug just to get a fuse:  https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Necessities_Index/Plug_Top_Fuses/index.html

Doc H.

It is really as BS1362 plug top fuses are colour coded, and those of us "in the know" would know if you told us the colour of your 1A fuse, if it was potentially a BS1362 fuse to fit in a BS1363 plug top.

Not all are. BS1362 1A, 2A, 7A and 10A fuses are black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, so they are colour coded, red for 3A, brown for 13A, black for all other ratings.

Yes, I knew that, but if the OP had come back with any other colour than black, we would have known it was not a suitable fuse FFS!