NVQ help 2330 or 2391?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemm360

Reaction score
Hi my name is Steve, i'm from the midlands and currently in the armed forces, however i am leaving in 9 months and looking to become an electrician, i have looked at 2 courses

the first with Access 2 Trade Careers which i would get my part P and the following NVQ's

2382 - 10 level 3

2392 - 10 level 2

2391 - 10 level 3

2377 - 12 level 3

And the second is with OLCI which would give me the Part P

2330 level 2

2330 level 3

Both are costing around the 5500 mark but i would really like a 3rd party view on the courses availible to me.

obviously i don't know which of these courses would be more suitible for me, or which company have a better reputation within the trade.

any help would be more than appreciated..

Thanks again Steve

pretty much. 2382 is 17th ed - apprenticeship is to 17th ed..

2391 is I&T, which you also need to know to pass 2330

2392 is a short course intro to 2391, so kinda pointless getting both?

2377 is PA testing. not really covered in 2330, but you get the basics from it. depends if you plan to do PAT when you finish

ok thanks so the only thing i would be down on would be the PAT testing, and the 2330 would be the more employable option?

ok thanks so the only thing i would be down on would be the PAT testing, and the 2330 would be the more employable option?
If i was to take someone one, the person with 2330 would probably have a better chance.

others on here will probably be able to give more detailed advice when they got to this thread

Thanks Andy Very much appreciated, yeah guys if couple more people could throw there thoughts into the mix when they read this it would be great, i was thinking of going through OLCI with the 2330 but if anyone has had experience with them a nice heads up would be awsome.

Applaud SmileyThanks Again Andy has helped alot!!!Applaud Smiley

Hi my name is Steve, i'm from the midlands and currently in the armed forces, however i am leaving in 9 months and looking to become an electrician, i have looked at 2 courses the first with Access 2 Trade Careers which i would get my part P and the following NVQ's

2382 - 10 level 3

2392 - 10 level 2

2391 - 10 level 3

2377 - 12 level 3

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty much. 2382 is 17th ed - apprenticeship is to 17th ed..2391 is I&T, which you also need to know to pass 2330

2392 is a short course intro to 2391, so kinda pointless getting both?

2377 is PA testing. not really covered in 2330, but you get the basics from it. depends if you plan to do PAT when you finish
apart from this i would agree, with my limited knowledge of C&G.

I have never yet met an apprentice who would come anywhere near to passing a 2391.

IMHO the 2330 route is prob the best option for you.

Thanks looked at that website think i will be going down the 2330 route and just for level 2 from them was 3500 so probably do the level 2 and 3 with OLCI for 5.5k

Cheers again guys

apart from this i would agree, with my limited knowledge of C&G.I have never yet met an apprentice who would come anywhere near to passing a 2391.

IMHO the 2330 route is prob the best option for you.
2391 probably does go into I&T in more detail than 2330, but you still need to know how to test etc to be able to complete 2330

2391 is slightly intergrated into ur 2330, reccommend u do the 2330 first for then u will have more of an idea to go into depth with ur 2391 which is highly sought after

Hemm why not find out about doing 2330 at your local night school? You should only have to fork out

I have 2330 level 3 and NICEIC regard this as equivelent to 2382 however if want to do industrial the JIB will only grade you as an improver until you complete your NVQ3

OlCI seem to have good tutors but their admin is not so good

2330 level2 is not too mentally taxing but you will have to sit 5 Gola multiple choice online exams. at the end you will have to complete an installation with some MICC SWA Steel conduit and T&E. you will be assessed on this .

Level3 has a lot of theory and of course maths. there are three online Gola multiple choice exams, two written papers and two assement. One on fault finding and one on I&T.

Good luck

Hi Steve, I was asking similar questions a few days ago on the forum. I'm also looking to to get qualified as an electrician and have been looking in depth at quite a few training institutions. My two top ones are Access2trade and Trade Qualified Ltd. Trade Qualified is probably the one I'm going to go for - very professional, not pushy and more importantly, a good quality course. A little more exspensive at

Hi Guys Thanks For the advice i have gone with olci much appreciated though

Hi All.

Has anyone had any experience of the OLCI C&G course at Bristol? I am thinking of paying just under 6k for C&G 2&3 plus NVQ 3. There seems to be several mixed reviews out there and looks like it varies according to which centre you do the training with..

Thanks,

Latest posts