Off Grid Power Generation....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
of course no DC to convert, so G59 relay to island system is all that is required. Being hydro and therefore fairly constant accordingly to flow, I don't suppose you need much voltage regulation / smoothing either. So one question springs to mind, how do you balance output against demand when 'islanded' ?

so in short, if the demand isn't there, the generator won't output more than you are using, but if you switch on for example a heater element, then the increased demand can be met without firkin about with flow speeds?

gearbox elements are very important, nothing worse than unrelaible mechanics..

is it me,?

am I being stupid, ?  [you dont really have to answer that,,,,]

are the phases reversed, or is the internal configuration kept aligned,?

rather than mirrored imaged?

ah, I see it now, the tails are formed that configuration to keep it all left to right on both sides,

Im not knocking it, but personally i wouldnt have crossed them over, maybe thats just me,  :C

just like to give myself a bit of slack to work with.

Interesting comments & i will pass these on to the tech guy. As i mentioned a few times  we dont normally get involved in any of this stuff so i dont know if its good or bad, We just installed this gear to a spec as it was supplied & delivered to us, we were overseen by the commissioning/supplier/designer. It was  a French company.

I am surprised at your comments,  as you can see these people dont scrimp on anything and they must have been advised this was the best. There is no name on the kit. I just checked up and that unit has now been in & in use over 4 years now. I was there when EDF checked it all over so it must have met the standards then. I know there are numerous on going problems with the various generation but we keep out of that (and just do and get paid for altering it)  I will find out some more and PM you.

Latest posts