Other Jobs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
Thought it would be good to find out what people do when there not busy with the electrical industry, I.e. kitchen fitting, handyman etc

I personally do anything that is going as long as the money comes in (apart from plumbing as I got fed up getting very wet)

When I get in from a hard days graft, I start my other job as full time whipping boy to Mrs G
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Other job? what other job??

I, for one, am so busy I hardly have time to fart. Never mind do a second job.

When I was still in the auto industry I used to service cars for people. I still do all my own vehicle maintenance to cut the cost.

Nice to hear that some of you chaps are busy as us in the north west arnt so lucky so have time to develop our skills in other trades(badly but we try)

I'm manic at the moment and have been for a long time now

So when I do get a quiet day besides racking my mind as to what I've forgotten to do

I just take a nice slow deep breath and chill out! :cool:

Well I manage our two rental properties. Not that takes much doing as there's nothing to do until something needs fixing at one or other of them.

And I help out Mrs PD with the B&B

In what little spare time I have I am a Mixed Gas Scuba Diving Instructor, I pratt about with one of my 2 lathes and turn valuable metal into blue swarf, enjoy woodworking, making wine, growing chillis in the summer, playing with my 2 [soon to be 3] granddaughters, pratting about renovating the house, writing absolute drivel on forums and as one of the newest members of the Historical Diving Society; attending rallies and demonstrating the old Standard Dress Diving Equipment [big Brass helmets and even bigger lead boots] after that the rest of the week is my own!... :coat

For the last 3 years I have been too busy with my business to even have a life! Did spend the last 18 years working every thurs - sat night as a head doorman in some lovely booby bars. Funny though, was never about the money!

Funny that Cirrus I'm sure I bumped into you and heard you shouting "show me the money"

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:51 ----------

..............shot...............

Trained army killeryou kill the army? & Clerk (6 years), dishwasher (2 weeks), Postal Sorter (2 weeks), Courier (3 weeks), Various Clerical (few weeks), Accounts manager (1 year), Accounts clerk ( electrical company 5 years), underpinning and various building position (3 years), Various banks & accounts clerk (5 years), Drug and alcohol charities and benefits advisor thats good, can you advise me where I can get some?3 years, plasterer (last 10 years), part-time self employed accountant (5 years), Jun 2012 onwards = electrician. Joined army at 15 to be electrician and now at 45 years old will soon be qualified, sort of gone around the block a little.
my oh my,

Well to put the thread back omn track

Work has dried up

spending today on my CV ,,,,,,going to agencies to get some sort of site work

problem is the rates are ok but its the cost of getting there,,,,petrol costs

looking to do some temporary night work

to be honest im getting p#ssed off with the industry,,,,,

feeling worthless,,,,,always being undercut

i would be better off finding a job that pays

In what little spare time I have I am a Mixed Gas Scuba Diving Instructor, I pratt about with one of my 2 lathes and turn valuable metal into blue swarf, enjoy woodworking, making wine, growing chillis in the summer, playing with my 2 [soon to be 3] granddaughters, pratting about renovating the house, writing absolute drivel on forums and as one of the newest members of the Historical Diving Society; attending rallies and demonstrating the old Standard Dress Diving Equipment [big Brass helmets and even bigger lead boots] after that the rest of the week is my own!... :coat
How do you fit in any work ? :eek: