Outside Led Rgb Spot Light With Adjustable Beam Angle

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's one for you......... 

I have a customer who wants an outdoor LED spotlight to shine onto his fountain.

The fountain is around 2.5mts away from the nearest mounting position.

He wants the spotlight just to light up the fountain and nothing else.

I got a RGB outdoor spotlight and tried to mask the lens but when you do that it messes up the colours.

What I'm looking for is a fitting with a lens adjustment on it like the fittings you get in a theatre or even a fitting with a really narrow beam.

Any ideas.

6C345E95706F0362F78D1D_zps60fe7df3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate these jobs, I have to ask, how much are you being paid for this?

I have found myself doing backflips to please customers who in the end are usually reluctant to part with so much as a token gesture for all the time spent 'pacifying their egocentric trip'

Bad day sorry .......what would I suggest?

A great big sonn fitting mounted on a pole in the middle of the lawn!

You could also stencil 'tw@t' onto the lens cover so that would be ghostly displayed on his back fence too.

My favourite though would be divine intervention, ask archangel Gabriel himself, who would cast an eerie light on the fountain every evening, whilst angels serenade from upon high...... Please bare in mind though he will probably ask for gabriel to be on a dimmer control after everything is finished!

Soooo much better.......... :)

I hate these jobs, I have to ask, how much are you being paid for this? I have found myself doing backflips to please customers who in the end are usually reluctant to part with so much as a token gesture for all the time spent 'pacifying their egocentric trip' Bad day sorry .......what would I suggest? A great big sonn fitting mounted on a pole in the middle of the lawn! You could also stencil 'tw@t' onto the lens cover so that would be ghostly displayed on his back fence too. My favourite though would be divine intervention, ask archangel Gabriel himself, who would cast an eerie light on the fountain every evening, whilst angels serenade from upon high...... Please bare in mind though he will probably ask for gabriel to be on a dimmer control after everything is finished! Soooo much better.......... :)
Definite  bad day....................

you are so right. This bloke is as eccentric as they come but.., I've got wise.

I've told him its not going to be cheap and, when I've found a fitting, I will give him the price and get a deposit.

Thanks for your suggestions. Only problem, I think Gabrielle might charge a bit much.

I hate these jobs, I have to ask, how much are you being paid for this?I have found myself doing backflips to please customers who in the end are usually reluctant to part with so much as a token gesture for all the time spent 'pacifying their egocentric trip'Bad day sorry .......what would I suggest? A great big sonn fitting mounted on a pole in the middle of the lawn! You could also stencil 'tw@t' onto the lens cover so that would be ghostly displayed on his back fence too.My favourite though would be divine intervention, ask archangel Gabriel himself, who would cast an eerie light on the fountain every evening, whilst angels serenade from upon high...... Please bare in mind though he will probably ask for gabriel to be on a dimmer control after everything is finished!Soooo much better.......... :)
Hahahahahaha

Excellent.

I had a customer get a colour changing flood LED with the same remote from eBay. The flex marked as 1mm was more like 0.1mm. I opened it up to find earth not terminated, and general dodgy Chinese construction. No CE marks etc

Latest posts