Paint

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dulux is the only way to go, but not dulux trade, it is half the price of the good stuff for a reason, i only use silk walls and ceilings, paint the whole lot white...looks the nuts

Dulux is the only way to go, but not dulux trade, it is half the price of the good stuff for a reason, i only use silk walls and ceilings, paint the whole lot white...looks the nuts
silk er, easy to wipe clean;)

I usually go for Dulux paint as I find it covers well and it does seem to last. Good luck with your new start mate. You just need to look ahead now Guinness

Been using crown paint for over 30 yrs now, by far the best paint around. Dulux is OK but not as good as crown and stay away from Farrow & Ball, twice the price and halve the quality.

For ceilings (not bathroom or kitchens) I use V/matt but for kithchen and bathrooms, I just use an oil based eggshell.

But remember one thing when buying paint, ALWAYS buy trade paint, remember if it doesn't say trade on the tin then ITS NOT.

Lyngarth

would not use silk unless your walls are in good nick, it shows up blemishes,

i think dulux is good although i have not used every paint ever made.

dulux anti mould for bathroom is a good idea

would not use silk unless your walls are in good nick, it shows up blemishes,i think dulux is good although i have not used every paint ever made.

dulux anti mould for bathroom is a good idea
Dulux also do their "tough" paint for like hallways and passages where you get more scuffs & knocks...

especially with kids going through the house...

Sposed to be more durable and can take more of a scrub if trying to wipe get marks off it.

We got some in our back porch...

stuck on a couple of coats of normal then top coat of the "Tough" paint!

seems ok ;)

spose other manufactures do their equivalents as well..

personally I still prefer the way Dulux covers and depth of colour for hiding any marks on the wall surface.

;)

I guess you want paint that is cheap but also gives a good finish as you are selling it after all.... so i would say wicks paint over dulux any time..... ok if you were keeping the house and wanted to decorate i wouldnt go past dulux.

Dulux 2.5l at B&Q= Best part of

I went with wickes in the end. Like you say someone only going to paint over it and I can say I'm quite impressed with it. It covers well and paints nice. Got 15l for