Part P Domestic Installer registration Headache

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linnie

Reaction score
I did my Part P qualification with ECA to 16th edition back in 2006. I am now wanting to join a Part P scheme but have no formal 17th edition qual, some schemes seem to offer a 12 month allowance to get 17th edition after your site assesment/registration can anyone shed any light on this as to costs and best schemes etc Wanting to practice and self cert whilst completing 17th edition exam. :put the kettle on

Ill say full scope is required
You're moving away from the "basic" domestic side in that case. In the case of NAPIT you'll need a recognised C&G like the 236 or an NVQ plus within 12 months a test and inspection qualification "like" the 2391. Probably then the 2394 an 2395 I think.

Pretty sure NICEIC also will want the standard C&G's/NVQ plus the 2391

2382 is needed now. The rule was if you were with a part p scam, you had 12 months to get the 2382

I no, I no. But it's like going to a nice bar in trainers, if it's 10 pound on the door are they going to turn you away nowadays ? Money, Money that's all there after.

when you say moving away from the domestic side, i need to be able to certify kitchen and bathroom work.

 Ah eventually found what i was looking for on elecsa site. Thanks for your comments. Contractors will need to show proof that they have an

acceptable electrical qualification i.e. a qualification recognised

by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority or the Scottish

Qualifications Authority. If the contractor does not have a

recognised 17th Edition qualification then they must book onto a

suitable course within 30 days of the assessment and then after

completion, issue proof of passing the course.

and Im pretty sure they would require the 2382 as a basic, before registration,or is that not even needed now? :|
The ELECSA link suggests you must have 2382 as a prior to signing up. The NAPIT link I posted was from their site TODAY and saying you have 12 months to get the 17th. Mind you they're making no mention of the 2394 & 5 so guessing their web page is behind the times. Ditto the NICEIC page makes no mention of 2394 & 5 - that appears dated Sept 2008. The NICEIC appear to say if you already have the 16th you have a year to get the 17th but there ARE date restrictions.

So on the basis that there is only ONE Part p it's nice to see that 3 of the major scam providers are all singing from the same hymn sheet!

Yer but batty, even when that comes out you will still have a year or so before you have to do it.

there is no part P qualification its a building reg not an exan

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:22 ----------

download it ( for free)work to it your good

Latest posts