Part P How much does it cost you ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is Specs, I was happy with the 16th but had to shell out for the 17th which I thought un-neccessary. Every year the re-calibration certs say "No adjustment required" ninety quid please !

Deke

I'm not sure about how accurate these recal tests are. I have four meters. Megger cm500, Di-log 9073, Robin loop tester with d-lok and new fluke 1652. Loop readings at socket at my house were.

Robin .48 ohms

Megger .98 ohms

Fluke .52 ohms

DI-Log .95 ohms.

I find it hard to believe they can be so far out. I would think the lower readings are more accurate.

Batty

Thing is Specs, I was happy with the 16th but had to shell out for the 17th which I thought un-neccessary. Every year the re-calibration certs say "No adjustment required" ninety quid please !Deke
I know what you mean Deke... but

completey agree - for part p the only actual costs are the scheme and notification costs. All the other costs (meters, calibration, insurance, literature, etc) should have existed and been paid before the scheme existed.

D.

I got a full rewire I am staring next week.. which I worked out as follows..

Materials

do your material costs include your mark up ????
I tend to quote my materials on typical costs that any Joe Public could obtain stuff themselves,

e.g. a quick scan around the average Internet or DIY store costs..

So any mark up tends to be the difference between say B&Q cost and what I can actually obtain from whichever supplier I can get the best deal from. And you don't get the customer saying .. Oh I can get one of them cheaper from the DIY shop!

e.g. I just had a delivery of CU, 8 drums & 2 cut lengths of cable this week,

e-mailed two suppliers got around