part p or not

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordy71

Reaction score
Is the replacement of an electric cooker notifiable and requires a part p because it is in the kitchen. Or is it classed as unit replacement because the 10mm cable is there i am not changing the circuit? Sorry if this sounds like an elementary question but i have only just set up on my own and am getting to grips with what work i can and cant do until i have my niceic assessment in 8 weeks. thanks.

Not trying to be facecious, but...

have you read approved document P?

At your assessment you will be expected to have a copy and to understand its requirements.

Now, the answer to your question is contained in ADP in plain English, so I'm guessing you haven't got one or read it.

You are therefore not ready for an assessment.

Not trying to be facecious, but...have you read approved document P?

At your assessment you will be expected to have a copy and to understand its requirements.

Now, the answer to your question is contained in ADP in plain English, so I'm guessing you haven't got one or read it.

You are therefore not ready for an assessment.
Well thankyou for the reply, yes i am not ready yet as i have only just applied so hopefully in eight weeks i will be. Will download the document and have a read.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:15 ----------

Yes will do all the required tests and do a certificate, thanks.

Well thankyou for the reply, yes i am not ready yet as i have only just applied so hopefully in eight weeks i will be. Will download the document and have a read.---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:15 ----------

Yes will do all the required tests and do a certificate, thanks.
Good answer and shows maturity

Latest posts