PAT Test Washing Machine/Tumble/Dishwasher

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

How do you PAT test the above?

When I done my PAT testing course it was crammed into half a day including the C&G (level 3) online exam. I got 29/30 and before that I got to PAT test one appliance. Good or what. Im qualified but have no confidence or experience.

Please help.

Is it just Earth Continuity test & IR test.

I dont have a PAT tester just Megger MFT1552

Thanks in advance

Matty:put the kettle on

if u dont feel confident dont carry out any testing... i am sorry but it's true and u can put u and others in danger....

Suggest you get some experience working with someone

But to answer your question Yes these are class 1 appliances and you need to test the earth bond is less then 0.10 ohm, with your 1552 you will need to

zero leads first then test on continuity with one croc clip on earth pin of Plug and other lead probe on to good clean metal of appliance, screw on rear is usually ok.

Then the insulation resistence needs to be checked your croc clip needs to short the live and nuet pins of plug and the other on the earth pin and tested on 500 volt setting.

You would have checked it all visually FIRST of course including inside the Plug Top if not a molded type and conditon of lead and general state of the applience.