PAT testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safedepth

Reaction score
Evening all,

Been playing with my new toy today, my PAT tester from MM. Used on a few items for practice as I did the 2377 many years ago and have not touched it since. Thing is a washing machine failed on earth leakage. came in at 4.06mA.

I looked through the CoP for In-service Inspecting etc and can find little of any help.

Passed the Earth continuity and IR.

I've done a search of the forum, one bloke had a similar problem but no help to me.

My question is, why is the earth continuity test conducted?

The CoP says (15.6) the test is carried out if the IR test can't be done or gives suspect results. This was done and passed on IR. Does that mean I can disregard the earth leakage test?

I simply can't remember what I was taught.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry Safe, my CoP is 150 miles away!
Sidey,

Are you still sat in that bar you mentioned in KME's thread about RCBO's etc?

If so, why do you not have your CoP with you to help you sleep? Shame on you, no commitment.Wet Fish

I'll just go and serve myself now and drink it shortly!

Good hotel this, seriously, a small family run place clean, quiet (at this time of year), staff (owners) are great & I have solemnly promised to write down the beer I drink so I can help myself!

I could never breach that trust placed in me as the place is too convenient & pleasant.

Just going to pour now!

I'll just go and serve myself now and drink it shortly!Good hotel this, seriously, a small family run place clean, quiet (at this time of year), staff (owners) are great & I have solemnly promised to write down the beer I drink so I can help myself!

I could never breach that trust placed in me as the place is too convenient & pleasant.

Just going to pour now!
You can't cheat an honesty bar;)

Latest posts