Periodic Inspection to the 17th

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
Looking for some assistance, I have ordered my 17th Edition regs book but still not arrived, so unsure about a few little things. I carried out a periodic inspection on a domestic property on friday and while filling in the cert there are a few things that I'm uncertain about. And typical my 17th edition course notes are in my locker at work :_| . ( not back till Wednesday).

Coding for reference methods,

cables are buried in plaster (less than 50mm no protection) on some circuits,

clipped surface on others

and run thru the cavity on others.

Would would be the relevent codes?

Also two boxes on schedule of items,

Verification of phase sequence and verification of voltage drop. Again little unsure to tick, N/A, or Lim these boxes. A brief description of these two would be grateful.

Apart from that every thing else went well, only 14 recommendations for the client to rectify.

I managed to get the info i required from another site, thought i would have got a response on here. Thanks anyway.

I managed to get the info i required from another site, thought i would have got a response on here. Thanks anyway.
You of all people should know that people will answer - given time, young McGaw. Patience.

You of all people should know that people will answer - given time, young McGaw. Patience.
I know but i had a lot going on this weekend and had to hand in cert this evening. So things were a bit pushed for time,

I know but i had a lot going on this weekend and had to hand in cert this evening. So things were a bit pushed for time,
Perhaps you should have put that in your OP, Young McGaw - for a quicker responce. ;)

The way I read it (I could be wrong :( ) is that you are not back there 'til Wednesday.

Not that I could help you mate. My Bible is 20 odd miles from me at the moment. :_|

The way I read it (I could be wrong :( ) is that you are not back there 'til Wednesday.Not that I could help you mate. My Bible is 20 odd miles from me at the moment. :_|
Thats is true, back to the factory on wednesday, this was a job thru my self-employment. Doing both at the moment, and moving home, and looking after two young ones. And if that isn't enough the better halfs gran is in hospital, only days to go. So it has been a rough few days.

Work wise i'm booked self employment till about the middle of september, and thats working ALL my days off.

I'm being a money graber. ]:)

Aww Gawd Young McGaw - You really do have it tough at the Mo, Mate. :_|