periodic on hair salon, when can i do it???!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
Hi all,

ive been asked to do a periodic on a hair salon but they are always open! mon to sat they are open till 9pm! so it only leaves a late evening or a sunday! i think there will bev a few jobs remedial wise from what they have said so it would be nice to make sure i get the job!

any suggestions? i need help!

Fisrt thing is to book a day and just do a thourough visual.

You will not be turning anything off and given the time you may spot more problems.

On the visual work out how and when parts of the salon can be shut down, and then stage your inspection accordingly.

If you need to shut down for any length of time organise it with the owners and let them know this is vital for the testing.

im thinking out of hours too, it would be nice to do it as GH has said as i could charge a little more for the visual, but i just cant see how i can turn lights and power off in a salon full of people. can you imagine if someone fell over when all the lights are off? lol

as it is ive told them the PIR should be around

Are there any past records and test results?

If there is then some of the testing can be ommited providing the period between has not been too far apart.

25% of fixtures removed noted on certificate etc etc.

If there are no records then it will take you longer, so

As far as im aware there are no other test results.

so realisticly if im doing it on sunday or late night i realy dont want to be charging less than

Seems like a fair price to me, after all your giving up a sunday to do it