Pet Gripes and Winges

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those cheapo PIR 500w floods, I can't see the icons under the PIR as it is black on black , even worse when its fitted. :_|

Also , as we are expected to tighten the locknuts on SWA glands, why don't they make them thicker so your grips grip and don't keep slipping off. :_|

Also so called euro type enclosurers with those non standard PLG knockouts about 23mm dia. Yeah I know you can buy them but 20mm should be the standard. :_|

Also other Sparks who cut their cables back really really short in KO boxes. If you have to replace it, job becomes a nightmare. :_|

Dist. Bds that no one has bothered to mark up , can't just try 'em all cos of the computers/mainframe/ alarm goes into panic :_|

agree with those

others

conduit patress boxes,,,,,,knockout crap

broke 3 today

anywhere multiple cpc's share the same sleeving... whyX(

Saw the thread title and thought advice from apache needed. :^O
Can't do much about Deke's problems.

My pet peeve is heat sealed packs that you can't get anything out of. You know where they are sealed all the way arround.

I'm on my 2nd 500W floodlight in a year.

Those cheapo PIR 500w floods, I can't see the icons under the PIR as it is black on black , even worse when its fitted. :_| Also , as we are expected to tighten the locknuts on SWA glands, why don't they make them thicker so your grips grip and don't keep slipping off. :_|

Also so called euro type enclosurers with those non standard PLG knockouts about 23mm dia. Yeah I know you can buy them but 20mm should be the standard. :_|

Also other Sparks who cut their cables back really really short in KO boxes. If you have to replace it, job becomes a nightmare. :_|

Dist. Bds that no one has bothered to mark up , can't just try 'em all cos othe computers/mainframe/ alarm goes into panic :_|
haha agree with all of the above

just another day in the life of a spark Applaud Smiley

Those cheapo PIR 500w floods, I can't see the icons under the PIR as it is black on black , even worse when its fitted. :_|
Concur....

(But it keeps the moulding, cheap like..)

; \

The crappy terminal strips that are doing the rounds at the moment tighten the screw & the bottom cracks on the terminal = loose connection.

Had some from Neweys last week that were pants.....they have been returned.

Also , as we are expected to tighten the locknuts on SWA glands, why don't they make them thicker so your grips grip and don't keep slipping off.

Yes, why dont they design these glands from the electricians perspective for * sake!

Also , as we are expected to tighten the locknuts on SWA glands, why don't they make them thicker so your grips grip and don't keep slipping off. :_|

Use a big spanner. 27mm I think the size is, I have one for that very job !

Theory .. I know the box you mean .. is it the Marshall Tufflex one ? I'm drilling 'em now, to save the hassle .
no its the Basics stuff from Denmans not my choice

to be fair they swapped them for me today

Bloody chipboard floors instead of good old floor boards:_|spent half of wendesday doing battle with the stuff. :|

Customers who expect little extra bits for no extra doshX(

As been said , connector blocks that split at the bottom when you tighten them up , back boxes that cross thread , spot lights that take a chunk of the plaster off when you try an take them out , sparks that twist all the earths together in ceiling roses ......

That's all for now:_| :D

:_|
i woked with someone who was very bad for this! (on conduit) after making off one box / klick, he would along to the next one and pull the singles tight before making it off so the last one he did wouldnt even come off! didnt do it on purpose but it p****d me off!

PLUS

new drums of singles that just unwind themseves and get talgled up as soon as you get them out of the box! why dont they just make the drums bigger??!!

people who put containment in without thinking about how its gonna be wired!

i woked with someone who was very bad for this! (on conduit) after making off one box / klick, he would along to the next one and pull the singles tight before making it off so the last one he did wouldnt even come off! didnt do it on purpose but it p****d me off!PLUS

new drums of singles that just unwind themseves and get talgled up as soon as you get them out of the box! why dont they just make the drums bigger??!!

people who put containment in without thinking about how its gonna be wired!
Oh yes those cable drums !! Drive you barmy :_| They need bigger sides X(

Oh yes those cable drums !! Drive you barmy :_| They need bigger sides X(
And be made of 6mm plyboard and not out of cardboard which gets squashed in the van. :_|

I am with the other poster on the "Twisting" on conductors specially the cpc. X(