PFC Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E.M.F. MAN

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm using a Megger 1552 tester which is a three lead tester, but DVD's I have show the neutral and earth leads connected together to test PSCC. The leads that come with the tester cannot be joined together and the instructions seem to say only use the green and red leads,I'm totally confused can anyone HELP. Cheers John...

I think you just use two leads the green and the red. On line and neutral for pscc and line n earth for pefc. Record highest of pscc or pefc on cert. Hth

I'm sure somone alot more knowledgable than me will be along soon to confirm if I'm right or wrong matey soon cheers

Yes thats right

PFC can be done using 2 leads one plugged into red terminal on 1552 and the other in the GREEN terminal.

The black terminal is only used when 3 leads are used for NON trip Zs tests when an RCD is in the circuit.

Going on from what you said tim there are times when you need to do a PFC test when your upstream from an rcd so when this happens the three leads are needed. How do the leads go in this situation please I've got an idea but can you confirm this please. Cheers

Same set up as Loop test, just different position on Meter setting.

unless testing loop through RCD's, test on 'hi' setting, and you only need red & green

you will have to do the test twice - once on L-E and once on L-N. highest value is your PFC

if testing through RCD, you can do L-N with red/green probe. for L-E, you will need to test on non trip and use all 3 probes

all above is same for PFC & loop

I think to get a L-N PFC thru RCD you would have to connect Red to L and Green + black onto N. ;)

Thankyou all for your views, it must be that the megger is slightly different from other testers. Cheers...

Latest posts