Phone numbers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a geographic sipgate phone number which I'm thinking of using as my main business number.

While I'm out and about I can get it to send me my messages as a .wav file (to my mobile) and when I'm home I can just pick up calls via WiFi.

Another benefit will be that it's a "lifetime" number; I can keep it even if I move house.

This sounds all well and good but I'm sure that there are some downsides, mainly while it will have a local area code the number won't be recognisable as a local number (you know, all numbers start with the same 2 digits)

What do you guys think??

Do you take sip calls on your mobile? Or just get the wav emailed to you...
Either I haven't set it up right or T-Mobile don't allow sip calls over 3G

ATM I have it set up to e-mail messages, I have also set up a personalised message

I am not planning on using it for any outgoing calls, I have plenty of minutes on my mobile contract

I know we had this discussion before but the mobile is my business number , I think we are past that idea that you must be a cowboy by now TBH. Home/office number is on my letter heads , never seemed to be a problem .