PIR EICR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been asked to give a price for a PIR of a local pub/restaurant, it is also to include the emergency lighting and fire alarm system,,,, they have it carried out every year with 20% inspection & testing so over 5 years the entire installation is done.

Now I know I'll need a smoke can (and heat source) for the fire alarm sensors, but will I also need dB and Lux meters?

Anything else I've not thought of?

I've been asked to give a price for a PIR of a local pub/restaurant, it is also to include the emergency lighting and fire alarm system,,,, they have it carried out every year with 20% inspection & testing so over 5 years the entire installation is done.Now I know I'll need a smoke can (and heat source) for the fire alarm sensors, but will I also need dB and Lux meters?

Anything else I've not thought of?[/QUOTE]

That depends, maybe a taxi home if you are going to Inspect and test the brew ;)

All the relevant standards. ( ;) )

Any LA requirements for licencing.

I have a lux meter BTW.

dB may be on its way too, not sure yet!

Oh, competence... ROTFWL

Some testing might be difficult as they will not shut down at all and they are open for business from 10am:O

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:59 ----------

although certain parts of the building aren't used until after 5pm (ish)

Out of hours then!

Say 05:00 - 09:00 testing.

Charge accordingly.

Mate, I discussed a job today with a Senior Consulting Engineer at a "GLOBAL" consultancy, trust me with the big boys this is how it's done, and I tell you what, once it leaves these guys some of the implementation is pathetic.

Remember, though that you will be up against those that will offer 100% testing of all sub mains, which if you think about it is nigh on impossible unless you fully isolate...

I have laid eyes on some of the previous certs,, the PIR looks OK,

but the EM lighting doesn't identify any individual fitting or show any test results and the fire alarm cert is similar

Nice looking pace though;)

I've been asked to give a price for a PIR of a local pub/restaurant, it is also to include the emergency lighting and fire alarm system,,,, they have it carried out every year with 20% inspection & testing so over 5 years the entire installation is done.Now I know I'll need a smoke can (and heat source) for the fire alarm sensors, but will I also need dB and Lux meters?

Anything else I've not thought of?
fire alarm is 100% over 1 yr with a min of 2 visits per yr ?