Plagued with internet advertisers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheglitz

Electrician
Reaction score
As a new business we have got a pretty nifty website - but are being plagued by internet advertisers who want to advertise us (for a small fee around

Most offer free listings (which I like) so you sign up for that. However they offer enhanced listings at a cost - by which time they have got your phone number etc. Some have hung up on me after I have said that I I am not impressed after looking at their websites - but they all sound so plausible!!!

The problem is every electrician in Cornwall can't be number 1 in google.

Depends what you see your website as. Are your vehicles signwritten? Is the web address on there? Do you advertise?

If people see your ad or van and then look you up, find your nice website it will be good for business. You find so much when you search google for 'electrician Cornwall'.

If I was trying to find a tradesman I wouldn't google search. I'd ask arround for recomendations, look for someone local.

most true internet advertising is "pay per click" as in you pay for every person that goes to your site.

you could try googles ad word

My thoughts exactly. I'd prefer to work from recommendation only - but this is hard when you are starting up. The website is a backup which allows people to see what we are about - and any referrals I can get then so much the better. However this seems to be the new rip off area!

We work on a very restricted budget so our R reg Megane and R reg Berlingo - sign written or not - aren't going to impress anyone - but turning up in a uniform with a smile and a doormat works wonders! Things are going well so far..........

Any 'local' magazines? We advertise in one that brings a steady trickle of people in when they move to the area or are on holiday.

Costs

Wait until I get the "Electrician Advertising" up and running on here mate. Small fee, and you know where you are. ;)