plain double socket faceplates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Customer has requested double sockets without the red on marker or the on writing like the crabtree

any idea who stocks them,,,,,,i presume they are the cheaper end of the range

cheers

Customers are funny. I had a customer that didn't want neons on spurs but to me something that should be switched off like say a dishwasher should have a neon, but thats just my thoughts. I would look at the cheapest stuff if you don't want red or letters.

Batty

Customers are funny. I had a customer that didn't want neons on spurs but to me something that should be switched off like say a dishwasher should have a neon, but thats just my thoughts. I would look at the cheapest stuff if you don't want red or letters.Batty
Batty - why should a dishwasher be switched off? I never turn the socket off?

some people are just mad about turning off everything - including plug in timers for lights (then complain that the time is always wrong)
They are dangerous one of them caught on fire and burnt a house down.

Batty

I know a chap who's washing machine caught on fire when he was out that killed his dog.Batty
but switching it off probably wouldnt prevent the fire. if a part was going to fail and burn, then it was going to fail and burn. although if it has been kept switched off, it would probably have taken longer for part to fail, and may have happened when someone was in

Batty - why should a dishwasher be switched off? I never turn the socket off?
We had one once that caught fire at the bottom of the door while it was not operating (the button on the machine was turned off!!!!). Luckily the missus saw it, pulled the plug and chucked some water on it..

I had a look later and found that the wiring loom was damaged where it flexes everytime you open and shut the door - several cables had damaged insulation!!

So the answer is...

Do not leave them on when you are in bed or out of the house!!

Customer has requested double sockets without the red on marker or the on writing like the crabtreeany idea who stocks them,,,,,,i presume they are the cheaper end of the range

cheers
Theory

I was in a big B&Q in York today and I noticed the Crabtree flat plate 'platinum' range are plane on the SSO and DSO

(sorry to hijack thread earlier)

:)