Plain English

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be difficult for me m8. Most of mine now, I`m putting an "old fashioned" board in - no split, no rcd. Load it up with RCBo`s. Robert`s your aunties husband, as they say!!

. Robert`s your aunties husband, as they say!!
Oh you mean....

Trevor...

or is that

Gary on Wendy's side of the family?

Oh silly me..

not Gerald with the big nose and glasses?

I reckon he has most definitely had his earth exported!!!

If you read the regs carefully, the rcd protection is only enforced in walls, not floors or ceilings.
Exactly! It's a good get-out clause for single socket radials. I'd prefer my boiler FCU or freezer spur socket not to have a rcd on it. They will never be used for outdoor equipment and the conduit protects the cable for the short length from under the floorboards to a low level socket.

:)

OMG I must be a real relic I did my apprenticeship using the 13th edition:O

OMG I must be a real relic I did my apprenticeship using the 13th edition:O
Hello paulh....

In a more antiques roadshow style, I think the correct wording here would be..

"mature", "distinguished" or "well crafted".. ;)

As opposed to modern, young, flat-pack assembled! :eek:

welcome sir:D

Hello paulh....In a more antiques roadshow style, I think the correct wording here would be..

"mature", "distinguished" or "well crafted".. ;)

As opposed to modern, young, flat-pack assembled!:O

welcome sir:D
someones had a good nights sleep :D

morning......

Exactly! It's a good get-out clause for single socket radials. I'd prefer my boiler FCU or freezer spur socket not to have a rcd on it. They will never be used for outdoor equipment and the conduit protects the cable for the short length from under the floorboards to a low level socket. :)
I know this was a month ago, but all sockets also have to be Rcd protected.

hi still got my copy of the 14th bought new 1975 must get round to reading it one day