Popped my cherry - and used my first Wago connectors

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Thats right folks, as of this friday just gone, I used my first wago!!

Took some trouble getting there. My wholesalers (WF) didn't keep them in or heard of them, after giving them a bit of educating they actually had a load in the southern outlets. So shipped them up. Must be a southern thing then.

Can't beleive how easy they are, must cut time with JB's by more than half.

GuinnessGuinness

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats right folks, as of this friday just gone, I used my first wago!!Took some trouble getting there. My wholesalers (WF) didn't keep them in or heard of them, after giving them a bit of educating they actually had a load in the southern outlets. So shipped them up. Must be a southern thing then.

GuinnessGuinness
Concur.... (and/or the other brands of push fits as well;) O) )

Cost a bit to purchase...

But IMHO pay for themselves easy with time savings! :x :x

Thats right folks, as of this friday just gone, I used my first wago!!Took some trouble getting there. My wholesalers (WF) didn't keep them in or heard of them, after giving them a bit of educating they actually had a load in the southern outlets. So shipped them up. Must be a southern thing then.

GuinnessGuinness
Huh next your be saying its only southerners that can afford them.

:red card

Huh next your be saying its only southerners that can afford them. :red card
You said it batts!

I think I paid roughly a tenner for 50 x 3way leaver ones. Hows that sound to you guys?

Concur.... (and/or the other brands of push fits as well;) O) )Cost a bit to purchase...

But IMHO pay for themselves easy with time savings! :x :x
agree with the price from wholesalers but i bought my last lot from wago direct http://secure.wago.ltd.uk/shop/ and thought they worked out alot cheaper.

would defo get an assortment of them when you order (think postage was the same whether you bought one box or ten) i bought 2,3,4,6,8 push fits , 5 lever and 2 solid/1 stranded lighting clamps. i use a lot of the 2 & 4push fits and lighting clamps all the time but definatly worth keeping larger sizes in as do come in handy. the time saved as SL says is massive in a very short time.

wayne

So are these just usable as a connector block for in the back of switches and spurs?

Or have they got some inside some sort of enclosure like a JB? Never used any of these before.

is wago the trade name or manufacturer name?

just want to avoid the copies if there are some

Used them for the first time myself tjhis week , bit pricey (4 quid for 25 3way lever type block). On the plus side they save a hell of a lot of time and will defo be checking the web for a bulk buy.

not workable for the regular board members to get a bulk buy and a hefty discount ?

I use them all the time now, I even have the lever type in my tester box for temp connections during testing.

They do have to be inside a terminal box I would use a pattress box, making sure the cables are clipped to prevent movement and a nice perm marker description of the reason they are terminated and other info such as voltage and amperage.