powermax plus alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yooan

Reaction score
Hello. Looking for some idiot proof help please!

I have connected a new hard wired external siren to my wireless visonic powermax plus alarm system. All is working fine but I just cannot seem to get the tamper loop wired in. It all works ok without it but I want to wire the tamper loop in for obvious reasons. What I need is somebody to tell me exactly what wires and resistors go where to connect the tamper through the hardwired zones 29/30. I have seen the relevant diagrams but they are not very clear at all. When I wire it in,the control panel says there is a tamper problem. The control panel zones have all been defined. Is there anybody out there who can explain it in laymens terms for me please! I need to know which wires and resistors go where on the two hard wired zones. Thanks very much.

Hello Yooan, welcome to the forum. Any links to PDF manuals, or photos of the devices you are connecting. It is quite difficult for anyone to explain something without clear identification to describe which parts they are referring to. i.e. terminals or connectors may be identified with numbers or letters or combination of both. Manufactures do occasionally re-label or re-name some connections on a particular item. It can be a bit of pot luck describing something without known descriptions.

Doc H.

Latest posts