push in connectors

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always buy green\brown\blue sleeving on a roll as the random coils get in a bit of a state. Niglon I think it is that some of it is, the others are random makes on unlabelled drums IIRC.

You could always buy some random style sleeving and stick it on an old 4mm earth drum.

had ago today not bad, quick for joining neutral in the switch, quick for adding lights,

not so good in a choc box, it can get full quickly, stick with pattress or the propper wago box i think

i can get 4 push fit connectors in a screwfix chocbox

just did a load of them in a loft ,,,should have taken a pic

Specs posted a pic last year of pushfits in an adaptable box

it was a really good neat job,,,,,,,even room for a diagram

i can get 4 push fit connectors in a screwfix chocboxjust did a load of them in a loft ,,,should have taken a pic

Specs posted a pic last year of pushfits in an adaptable box

it was a really good neat job,,,,,,,even room for a diagram
it was nice and neat.

what size? these were 4 way

the screwfix chocbox look slightly bigger

Adaptable box was 80x80x50

the cheap ones from denmans push fit lid

i use the ideal connectors,,,,,i only use the 4 way for cpc

i put them on their end and line them up

tie wrap where the clamp goes,,,,,,and snip the nipples in the box

i will do one tomorrow and post a pic

Adaptable box was 80x80x50the cheap ones from denmans push fit lid

i use the ideal connectors,,,,,i only use the 4 way for cpc

i put them on their end and line them up

tie wrap where the clamp goes,,,,,,and snip the nipples in the box

i will do one tomorrow and post a pic
its a date;)

This is a very good point that zeespark has made.If its all plastic then there is no problem.

However if its a metal back box and you have crimped the earth or used push fit connections there will be no earthing to the back box.

If a fault occurs the back box will become live, as will the screws on the face plate.

So thanks zee for making that point.
The back box and the screws will be earthed through the face plate so there is no requirement to earth metal back boxes.

what i tend to do is leave 1 cable longer so that i can double the earth back in to the back box first (put sleeving on, bend with my nifty ck3 thingies, screw to back box, more sleeving and connect with other cpc'c on a connector)i find this saves me faffing about in the box
You should take the cpc to the accessory first and then to the box, if you are doing that.

A better way would be to install a separate fly lead to the box.

The back box and the screws will be earthed through the face plate so there is no requirement to earth metal back boxes.
light switches mate

Same thing, :)
if you srew a light switch back to a metel box without terminating the earth to the box then the box and screws will not be earthed;)