quick scan, rewire pricing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Hall

- 2 x Double Sockets

- 1 x 2 gang 2 way Switch

- 1 x Light Pendant

- 1 x External Bulkhead

Under Stairs

- 1 x Batten Lamp

- 1 x 1 way Switch

Lounge

- 5 x Double Sockets

- 1 x Light Pendant

- 2 x Wall Light

- 1 x 2 Gang Switch

Dinning Room

- 2 x Double Sockets

- 1 x Light Pendant

- 1 x 1 way Switch

Kitchen

- 6 x Double Sockets

- 1 x Light Pendant

- 1 x 2 way Switch

- 1 x 2 gang 2 Way switch

- 1 x External Bulkhead

Garage

-

If it's fairly straight forward and uncluttered then I'd say yes, for a non-problematic house. I'd usually say 5 days 2 men, slightly more than double for 1 for a rewire of a similar spec to that.

yeah sorry, forgot, not lived in and I'm not patching up. So could be right, may add an extra day on for safety.

yeah sorry, forgot, not lived in and I'm not patching up. So could be right, may add an extra day on for safety.
Piece of cake then. I'd be interested to see what anyone else has to say on the price though, I'd have charged more than that 5+ years ago.

Rough guide for a re-wire I spotted in another thread was 1 Day per room + 2 Days for Board, Testing & mucking around.

It looks like youve priced at

Not ever priced an electrical job but used to price air conditioning jobs a few years ago and one thing i always allowed when pricing a job was a CUF.

oh by the way CUF means a cock up factor.

:) :)

ok, think i'll put you in the picture a bit more aswell. Lost my job this week, i knew it was coming the firm is getting rid of a lot of men, and as the list went down another lad and I were next on the last in first out.

I have been wanting to go self employed in the next couple of months, so this has given me the kick up the arse to go do it now. Got 2 bungalow rewires booked in, cu change, and a few bits and peices. Ideally I'd like to get this job as it would be a bit more of a safety net. I know another electrician is pricing it maybe more?

If you're happy with you're price mate, go for it. What I wouldn't like to see though is us carving each other up on prices. All that will do in the long run is drive prices down.

Good luck on your new venture

Wouldn't that be a Cock Factor Up?
Oops my bad dyslexic digits at work again may I thank you kind Sir for showing the errors in my ways.

Blushing Blushing Blushing

Im sure you get the jist tho :)

ok, think i'll put you in the picture a bit more aswell. Lost my job this week, i knew it was coming the firm is getting rid of a lot of men, and as the list went down another lad and I were next on the last in first out. I have been wanting to go self employed in the next couple of months, so this has given me the kick up the arse to go do it now. Got 2 bungalow rewires booked in, cu change, and a few bits and peices. Ideally I'd like to get this job as it would be a bit more of a safety net. I know another electrician is pricing it maybe more?
By the way did you know that last in first out is now against the law to use in selecting which person is to stay and which is to go :)

ok, think i'll put you in the picture a bit more aswell. Lost my job this week, i knew it was coming the firm is getting rid of a lot of men, and as the list went down another lad and I were next on the last in first out. I have been wanting to go self employed in the next couple of months, so this has given me the kick up the arse to go do it now. Got 2 bungalow rewires booked in, cu change, and a few bits and peices. Ideally I'd like to get this job as it would be a bit more of a safety net. I know another electrician is pricing it maybe more?
Good luck with it!

Keep forgetting you weren't fully self employed. If you reckon you can make money from it then go for it. I'd be inclined to say you'll want to up the prices a bit once you're established, but