Rcd Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wylex, Siemens & Crabtree is all the same product, made in the same factory on the same production line, and not printed with the name until it reaches the UK.

They are doing a 40A RCBO too! ;)
Just buy Curious ..........

would,it then be acceptable to fit Siemens and Contactum RCBOs in a Wylex board?

just wondering 🤔

I note that the axiom one pictured is a type AC device while the Siemens/Wylex offering is A type. Now I get the feeling that the 18th is going to have something to say on this, the idea has already been 'introduced' into BS7671 with an admendment requiring them in certain medical locations (As well as EV charging). now I can't remember when schneider (who are generally specified on healthcare sites) brought out their new acti9 range where the RCBOs were type A, but I get the feeling it was probably somewhere around the time that medical locations was added to chapter 7....

Theres also a wiring matters issue that makes a bit of a dogs dinner trying to explain this issue.

To be honest, it must be about time, I think any half decent washing machine you can buy these days comes with a inverter drive rather than a cheap universal motor.... not sure why they bother though.....I can't actually remember when I last changed motor brushes on a washing machine.... the whole machine tends to fall apart before it needs them doing these days.

I imagine theres actually not a great deal in a household thats a true restive load these days, even hobs are electronic controlled inudction units (which is just as well, otherwise I'd have to have a gas one) , probably the electric shower is one of the only true resistive loads left!

The makers of non flammable boxes seem to be pushing DP rcbo's with all their might.

https://www.electrium.co.uk/products/crabtree

Must be something in the new regs to bring us in line with the cheese eating surrender monkeys!? 

Like I said earlier, bites of the same cherry! Crabtree is an Electrium brand as is Siemens & Wylex. See the Siemens link I put up earlier - share the same basic case inc the triangular test button.