Regarding Career Changes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revved Up Sparky

Reaction score
OK, it seems I've been driving Deke a few people up the wall with my puns on the regular threads so I thought I would start a punny thread about my various previous careers !

* I have already mentioned that the best job during a recession is a binman (because business is always picking up) but did you know that the tips can be incredible ?. OK admittedly some days are not so good and you do find yourself down in the dumps.

* I used to be a personal trainer........... but I quit........... I realised it was'nt working out.

* At one time I worked as a banker....... but I had to resign...... I kept losing interest !.

* I was sacked from my job at the orange juice processing plant.... I just could'nt concentrate !

* LOVED my job at the clock factory. All I ever did was stand around all day making faces !

* Once I had ambitions to be an archaeologist. But I realised I did not want my career to end in ruins !.

* I started training to become a qualified undertaker before someone told me it was a dying trade.

When I got interviewed for my job as a professional gymnast and asked if I was flexible... I told them I could'nt work Tuesdays.

..... there's more but I will stop there for now !

And I guess you left your job as a baker because you couldn't make enough dough!

Is it true you only took the window cleaners job because they told you there were good prospects to climb the ladder..

:coat

I got arrested on the outside deck of the ferry for being in possession of marine explosives but the police dropped the charges.

Okay if we are going to go that far off topic:

Someone stole the WC from the police station toilets. The Police have nothing to go on.

Nice one Dave !.... off topic ? I was talking about my side career as a fireworks organiser. :B-

Hey I used to be a transplant surgeon but I decided my heart was'nt in it.

Ive had a few bad jobs in my time

I tried mining for gold, but that didn't pan out.

So then I opened a blanket factory, but it folded.

So I applied for a job in Australia, but seems I don’t have the right koalifications.

So I applied to be an electrician and i found the work to be shocking

i had a job in a velcro factory, but it was a rip-off

i was told i would make a good optician, but i couldn't see it myself

i also did some rope access work till they let me go

my friend used to work at quick fit before he retired

i thought just off the cuff that i could maybe work as a tailor but it probably pays buttons

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a job for the council replacing the cats eyes. but it was a bit middle of the road.

Tried working as a driving instructor, but it drove me round the bend.

I tried working as a butcher but I couldn't cut it.

And I tried fitting carpets, but it had me on my knees.