Removal of 100 amp supply fuse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have to ask you really shouldn't be doing itRing dno and get them to do it

When your qualified somebody will introduce you to the seal fairy and her trusty latin sidekicks toolious crimperious & ferrulious

It's like the masonics but without having to roll your trouser leg up and get romantic with a goat!
DEKE

you have some explaining to do!!!!!!!! :|

Boys boys boys ... Come on... Let's have it right here... , change the board and do all the testing and put all the carp back to a decent standard... Change the tails to 25mm Hey, it should be our given right as qualified time served proper sparks to be able to do this... But no, a DNO comes along and has to do it because he's sat in a classroom for a couple of hours and now he's qualified ... Oh and Meter men??? They'll sell you a L'ecoste jumper cos thats what they were doing 5 weeks ago.... It's wrong wrong wrong.... I put 25/35 mm supplies in 3/4 storey flats after working out demand, VD etc.. They connect up to it with 16's.... Eek, simple-tons

mr 69

this post has been edited, as it suggested unsafe and illegal practice

mr smith suggests you refrain from advising members to perform illegal activities

thank you

mr smith

Last edited by a moderator:
Boys boys boys ... Come on... Let's have it right here... We're talking about pulling a fricking fuse here, we're talking about pulling a carrier out... It's simples , eek! This is probably the easiest thing to do on a board change, pull it out , change the board and do all the testing and put all the carp back to a decent standard... Change the tails to 25mm and put the carrier back in.... Hey, it should be our given right as qualified time served proper sparks to be able to do this... But no, a DNO comes along and has to do it because he's sat in a classroom for a couple of hours and now he's qualified ... Oh and Meter men??? They'll sell you a L'ecoste jumper cos thats what they were doing 5 weeks ago.... It's wrong wrong wrong.... I put 25/35 mm supplies in 3/4 storey flats after working out demand, VD etc.. They connect up to it with 16's.... Eek, simple-tons
Calm down dear it's only supply diversity that allows them too.

A "friend of mine" when "he" was in his first year of the 2330 found that his mum and dads place had no earth to speak of as in the earth of incoming TN-S simply went to a stud on the wooden board and was NOT connected to the MET in the old Wylex. Easy job "he" thought then deliberated whether to cut the seals on the supply fuse. Convincing himself that it was an "emergency" he had the seal fairy visit and proceeded to whack a length of 16mm between the stud and MET. What he didn't realise was that once you take out the fuse from the ceramic carrier you can't put the carrier back in position (less the fuse) without having the seals in place to hold it on. So leaving the carrier & fuse off "just for a minute", "he" tripped over his tool bag and to steady himself put his hands out. Quite how "he" missed becoming one with the substation at the end of the road he doesn't know to this day.

As an aside the OP might want to read my thread on here about my recently fitting an REC and having EDF out to disconnect. I learnt a lot from that first near miss .......I mean, that "my mate" had.....

default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Boys boys boys ... Come on... Let's have it right here... We're talking about pulling a fricking fuse here, we're talking about pulling a carrier out... It's simples , eek! This is probably the easiest thing to do on a board change, pull it out , change the board and do all the testing and put all the carp back to a decent standard... Change the tails to 25mm and put the carrier back in.... Hey, it should be our given right as qualified time served proper sparks to be able to do this... But no, a DNO comes along and has to do it because he's sat in a classroom for a couple of hours and now he's qualified ... Oh and Meter men??? They'll sell you a L'ecoste jumper cos thats what they were doing 5 weeks ago.... It's wrong wrong wrong.... I put 25/35 mm supplies in 3/4 storey flats after working out demand, VD etc.. They connect up to it with 16's.... Eek, simple-tons
and here lies the problem,

all these jumped up 5week wonderkids jumping around thinking they are the same.!

members

please remember that this is the

student and learning zone

of the forum

it has previously been made perfectly clear that advice in this section

needs to be

correct

precise

and adhering to the rules and regulations in force

some members seem to be allowing their personal preferences

to outweigh law

in their posts

mr smith takes a very dim view of such posts

students need to be given the correct

safe

knowledge they require

mr smith asks you to remember this when formulating your posts

to avoid any

unpleasantness

please bear in mind that some people consider it perfectly safe

to decant highly flammable substances

whilst standing next to a lit gas hob

given as a typical example of the levels of sense of the public at large

thank you

mr smith

Im not sure if I can or not,

but I will try and put Mr Smith's comments in context

as it stands

'it is illegal to remove the DNO fuse unless you have specific written permission from the DNO to do so'

as an addition, from my own point of view

'it is also of gross stupidity to remove the DNO fuse without the required knowledge of the consequences of your actions of what may happen when you do remove said fuse, depending on its condition and type'

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:03 ----------

please bear in mind that some people consider it perfectly safeto decant highly flammable substances

whilst standing next to a lit gas hob
I filled my zippo in the kitchen once while the wife was cooking tea,

sorry

:pray

:coat

For information only

There is one type of fuse that the DNO lads are not allowed to pull due to a design fault within the cover. It requires a jointer to 'dis' the service and then the enire cutout is changed. I was told that the cover can short out the live side, which would not be in your best interest! Be careful out there........... :coat