Rented property , certs for CO & smoke detectors ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You actually get "more" via the radio link than you do with hard wired, you can link smokes & CO, you can interrogate them for diagnostics silently via a computer and a "dongle", you can link them to other devices and more.

What can you diagnose? Surely if they’re faulty you replace them, or can you reset the unit. 

Contamination levels, when last tested, if they have been removed from the base, ,measured CO levels.

Plus if you link them all, when a one sounds they all sound fire & co, I think the latest ones sound differently for each warning, so a fire alarm will make one sound for fire & another for CO and the opposite.

You can get a wiresless switch which tests all, silences all and then triggers again the head which triggered the alarm.

You can have multiple test switches too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rewiring my own place just now so thought I replace the 10 year Fire Angels as I have the floorboards up just now.
do not use fireangle battery wireless, I fitted a set of these in a block of flats - one keeps going off at night for no reason (removed it in the end), 2 out of 10 failed in under a year . They have had issues according to internet searching.  AICO every time.