Require more than 2 MPPT's, can I parallel inverters.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielE

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone confirm whether it is possible to parallel two inverters together, or indeed, have two on the same consumer unit. Basically I need more than the two MPPT's, and was wondering what would happen, if I put two Growatt SPH inverters (OR indeed, the Min 6000XH x2) on the same consumer unit.
Alternatively I was planning on having a hybrid inverter i.e the SPH6000. With a simple grid tied inverter, like the Min 3600x. What i'd like to know if I set the Min 3600 to zero export, whether the SPH would fully charge up.

Alternatively are there any other manufacturers, that allow paralleling?

Thanks.
Daniel.

Almost certainly. Not familiar with Growatt but check the manuals first by downloading. Solax hybrid inverter manual state that all parralleled inverters must be the same generation number and firmware must be the same version. It also states that you should have the same number of batteries on each, however I do have unequal batteries on my system and it works well probably as I matched the battery capacities in proportion to the PV input power on each inverter.

I have two master volts, Three SMA tri- powers, Two Solar river,A Goodwe and Solax all working never had a peep of problem so yes not an issue

With Hybrid systems If they are not specifically set up in parrallel mode, I found you can get problems with one battery charging the other and vice versa oscillating like that and wasting battery cycles plus the inefficiency. If they are just inverters without battery they would work fine.

Thanks, I don't think Growatt can do it.. So going down the second non hybrid grid inverter, - will it charge the SPH batteries, lets see otherwise octopus pay a decent rate so can export.