Residual Current-Operated Circuit Breaker

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, painfully aware, maybe more than most tbh

Thing is, we're all different aren't we? The certain people being alluded to replied to the OP in the way they chose, as did everyone else on the thread. That is their right surely? Some others came along and replied in a much more helpful manner and that too is the way it is. Little point getting upset about it, we're all different. The forum needs the not so helpful repliers as much as it does the helpful ones ( not the best phrasing there I know), it would very quickly die on its backside if everyone posted the same thing, seen it happen.
Why I agree with Johns post was not because the posts were unhelpful as such but because it is as if there is a select couple that claw to find gaps in the op and try with everything they have to trip the op up. It happens with same select few every time a DIYer posts. I have my own feelings on helping DIYer so I choose to stay out of these threads. Others, it seems enjoy to show these people how much they think they know. It is like "my side cutters are bigger than yours" competition. Funny to watch but very embarrassing for them.

My side cutters are fairly small but perfectly formed, which is why I rarely get involved myself.

Some of the questions we get posted by newbies are quite obvious trolling, there are as you say some genuine folk looking for a bit of electrical guidance. Very difficult to tell the difference, not everybody gets it right all the time. I certainly dont

I think we need a sticky for the diy section that opens up for new members/new posters that explains that the better the information in the op the better the quality of the replies that can be given.

Anyone care to write it.

Hi All,

No, i do not own the forum... But, I take care and guard others possessions, rights etc as I would my own.. In school, they taught us a thing about "do unto others....."

Those that DO own it meanwhile, put into it, a great deal of effort, money, and time, not so much for their own interests [in a financial sense] but basically i presume, because they are bloody proud of it, [and rightly so] and they wish to "create" and nurture something for the benefit of both themselves, and also, other, likeminded individuals.

The very idea of the forum is a pooling of collective wisdom for the collective benefit, NOT showing off, or belittling others, or talking to new members in a rude and basically offensive manner. So someone might not now much about electricity, or they may ask what seem to be very basic questions, everyone had to start somewhere, but never forget, they may in their own field have much to offer the forum... I know a fair bit about welding [and a lot of other things] but if someone asked me a basic question i would do my best to answer them, not tell them how stupid they were, or launch off trying to look clever going on about obscure metallurgical terms [which, believe me, i could]

john...

Latest posts