rewire price just have a quick look...cheers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
4bed rewire, no kitchen or shower curcits As its being done at a later date (dont ask!!)

basically : each room 1x light 2 way switched. 3 double skts.

dining room

Hall

Living Room

Study

Landing

Bed 1-4

Bathroom

En suite

Garage

2 x outside lights.

6/6 consumer unit, tails , bonding ( ohh its TT so there is about a 10m run to the Spike)

House is clean but lots of book shelvs and a grand piano etc in rooms.

Bits came to

Two of you & if the other bloke can be left to his own devices pulling in 3 - 4 days tops

& your not far off with the price.

My advice add a little extra to the price & run in the other circuits for shower/ kitchen, leave under the boards for later use & tell customer you've done a favour to save disturbing decor at a later date... A) Means you'll be called back to complete the work as other spark wont complete somebody elses work & B) save time when you do get called back.

Done this on three or four rewires now....never failed yet.

sorry Steptoe

its lived in , its all carpeted , mostly liftting boards but some rooms need chasing from top to bottom as its a solid floor, we have to patch up as well,

board is understairs above it is the landing , and there is an airing cubard to get feeds uptop.

live in the midlands ... out in the sitcks its a but country bumkin round here

personally if its lived in chased in and making good I wouldnt even consider it for under 3K, and in all honesty the nightmare you will have is undescribable with a lived in rewire,

aim to lose at least 3hrs a day between getting set up and closing down/tidying.

you could perhaps do it a helluva lot quicker than your timeframe, but only in days, not actual weeks,

ie, you will have gap days for plaster drying etc.

2 men 4 days to rewire, could be done in 2 probably if you get a good run and everything falls to you.

the thing is, the longer it runs for the more getting ready you have and the more cleaning up you have so you lose even more time.

time=money.

get in and nail it, do all the mess ASAP, chases and holes, then its just patches.

I normaly add a couple of hundred for making good the plaster, then pass the making good onto my mate that comes out to pull in cables during the rewires. He gets a one'r for making good & I get a one'r for letting him make good.

well cheers for that all , and cheers steptoe for the info, i think im gonna go in at 2500.00 and hope i get it as i have had a factory job put back a month so this moths has gone a little slack , should keep me out of trouble,

i will let you know how i get on,

Cheers once again

danny if you need the work I hope you get it,

I still think you would be close enough at 3K,

but you have to make that call knowing the local economy,

good luck mate.

I have just done a rewire which had a lot less in it than what you are doing which took me 9 long days. My son helped me as he was on work experience from school which helped with moving furniture and tidying up. Now I charged this at