Rewire quotes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callan

Reaction score
Been asked to quote for a new build 4 bed house rewire. I worked the price out from the customers list of sockets, switches, light fittings required plus a new 15 way board including test cert. So far straightforward.

To be priced separately

Thermostat wiring for each room

TV wiring price each point

Downlights low voltage, fire rated, price per light

Any guideline for this part of the quote?

I figured

Looks like they have left it quite up in the air so maybe caviet with something about price for the extras could be tuned if they are more specific.

Personally I'd get them to get a bit of a better idea of what they want rather than pricing for individual outlets and bits and bobs. You're always going to have to price odds and sods higher as they may only decide to have these bits fitted at the end so is pretty much a one off job, plus I just make a rough allowance for x TV points x00m co-ax and that's the job sorted for 6 TV points IYSWIM, rather than having to work it out more accurately for a per point price. I'd just price the whole job to be done as one with a TV point and wiring for thermostat (customer supplied, can be worked out what type and who provides it later) in every room and see what comes back. They will usually just say get on with it but if you ***** about pricing bits individually they want you to put one here and not there, then decide later they did or didn;t want that one there or here. Not worth the hassle.

Ok thanks for all the good advice. I'd like to make it an all inclusive price but the customer is very specific about pricing the job.

I'll quote for the rewire job and separately quote TV & lights. The down lights and TV points are ok to price per item. I assume TV points for each bedroom, dining room, office & may be the kitchen. Down lights are easy enough to add per item to the price later.

Tv wiring per point

Make sure they understand those prices are only for if you do the work while you are there and not if you have to come back at a later date as I suspect they may want them to see what they can get done now and what can be done next month/other time period.

Latest posts