Rip Off Russ Does it again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on a serious note, i think a word / email to them is in order telling them the dangers of this and also telling them the dangers of messing with an earth to the electricity supply especially general public who have no knowledge in what it is doing or suppose to do !!

on a serious note, i think a word / email to them is in order telling them the dangers of this and also telling them the dangers of messing with an earth to the electricity supply especially general public who have no knowledge in what it is doing or suppose to do !!
Already sent ;) . Found this in an av forum where someone was asking whould they do it.

love the quote on there

Customer Mark Rose contacted me to suggest sealing the final contact between the earth cable and the copper tube with a whole tube of clear silicon sealant, left for 24 hours to fully dry inside and out. I think this is good practice, though I actually leave mine so that I can periodically check and retighten the bolt.
so he periodically digs a 1mtr deep hole to check the connection and re-tighen the bolt?!

I found his comment about how difficult it is to sink a traditional earth spike into the ground interesting, apparently normal earth spikes from the wholesaler are prone to "Bend"! I may be tempted to ask how many forum members have this problem with bendy earth spikes?

Doc H.

One of the problems of using an earth spike is that it is sometimes very difficult to drive a 4ft (1.2m) spike deep into the ground! The copper-clad steel rods supplied by electrical wholesalers often bend when driven into the ground

i think a lot of you are taking this completely out of context, this is the highest grade stuff available, its like F1.

its possible to spend

i think a lot of you are taking this completely out of context, this is the highest grade stuff available, its like F1.its possible to spend

Two P.T. Barnum quotes spring to mind.

"You can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool some of the people some of the time."

"There's one sucker born every minute."

I found his comment about how difficult it is to sink a traditional earth spike into the ground interesting, apparently normal earth spikes from the wholesaler are prone to "Bend"! I may be tempted to ask how many forum members have this problem with bendy earth spikes?Doc H.
cant say ive ever had en earth rod bend....

and anyway, id rather struggle with a bendy 1mtr rod, than dig a big trench! (and get rid of the soil that magically appears after youve filled the hole!)

Maybe only dogs & people with cochlea implants can tell the difference.

Maybe only dogs & people with cochlea implants can tell the difference.
I think russ andrews is a dog with cochlea implants! Woof

Already sent ;) . Found this in an av forum where someone was asking whould they do it.
Unsupprisingly I have not had a responce from them despite their claim to respond within 24 hours.

Latest posts