Risk Assessment Policy

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGS

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have an example of a risk assessment policy that I can take a look at? Before I can join a competent person scheme I need to have one in place.

Thanks

PGS

Hello,

I have done a couple of risk assesments, if you pm me your email adress I will email them to you. I'm going to put them into the download area shortly as well for anyone else to have them.

TBH I downloaded one online form HSE and the assessor said I didn't need one as I was on my own.

I have decided to go with Elecsa and they said as a sole trader I still need one.

Thanks for advice.

have you got your info pack from them yet? IIRC, you get some sample RA's

failing that, search for 'RA template' and there are a few on the net - just add your own to it

Go to hse.gov.uk and look at the sample RA's there.

For an H&S policy and H&S policy statement, which are all different beasts, HSE have a sample polcy including statement you can download and fill in the boxes, if it meets what they want then ELECSA can't really refuse!

I have passed this on to several of my H&S customers to save them paying out for others to help. (Paying me for this advice included - DOH!)

My assessment is set for 2 weeks time with Gordon Cleugh. Anyone had any experience with him?

PGS