robin 1620 kts

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave b

Reaction score
hi there,

i have seen a robin 1620 kts multifunction tester for sale at a great price. i'm thinking of buying this but the seller doesn't know much about the meter.

can not find any reviews on this item and was wondering if anyone can tell me good and bad points

ta very muchB

Nice, easy to use meter (set the right range & scale then hit the orange button) but I don't think it has "D-loc" so when taking Loop Impedence readings it trips RCDs which is a pain in the ar*e, especially if you're testing new work to the 17th Edition.

The old style Robin meters are no longer available from Robin (now part of Fluke), but the Kewtech range of testers are made by the same Japanese company that made these for Robin.

To be honest the lack of instructions shouldn't be a problem, select the correct function and range, connect the leads and hit the orange button! The auto-power off has a habit of turning it off at inconvenient times (half-way through ring testing etc.)

I've got this meter and ended up aquiring a loop tester with d-loc as I did a lot of work on TT systems.

the kewtech kt62 looks remarkably like the kt62 dont you think.already have megger 1502 multi tester but thought the robin was a snip at

I've got a Robin kts1620 and found it very easy to use (with no instructions).

Recently found out that it's the same as a Kewtech kt62 (I think thats the no.) and you can download the instructions from their website.

According to to them it wont trip all rcd's if you carry out the measurement on a higher scale setting than you would normally use.....I haven't tried this yet.

I've got a Robin kts1620 and found it very easy to use (with no instructions).Recently found out that it's the same as a Kewtech kt62 (I think thats the no.) and you can download the instructions from their website.

According to to them it wont trip all rcd's if you carry out the measurement on a higher scale setting than you would normally use.....I haven't tried this yet.
Does it trip Rcbo's though?

Batty

Welcome to the forum Stompy2

Latest posts