Running SWA

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just run it along the base of the fence surface mount, less likely to get chewed up by a lawnmower and the likes then.AndyGuinness
And would still be visible.

The only thing that would concern me is if it was wooden posts they are far more likely to break in high winds and making an easy repair alot more difficult, if concrete posts id be alot happier.

My irn bru kept freezing up, was a fun job though. My point is , if your cable is gonna be visable then make a neat job of it cos it will only annoy you if you don't. especially if you see it on a regular basis. :D

I have a job to do and aspart of it the guy wants power in his shed about 30Metres from his house. I started to talk about digging channels etc when he said i just want it run down the edge of the fence. i've spoken to some other electricians and they seem to think this is acceptable, but it seems strange to me. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]Yes.

JFDI
Yet another helpful post

put some warning labels of cable below every couple of meters higher up on the posts as the cable could easily be covered by foliage growth/snow ;)

you never know in years later someone may get a digger and just demolish that fencing thats in the way without knowing whats below

Thanks for the photo Ian, I do like the "sledge toolbox", can you get them in other colours? It needs a forum sticker down the side though.Doc H.
No probs doc. The sledge coulour is purly dependand on what my local asda has left. With regards to the sticker, where would i aquire such a thing? :C

Latest posts