Running SWA

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptow

Reaction score
I have a job to do and aspart of it the guy wants power in his shed about 30Metres from his house. I started to talk about digging channels etc when he said i just want it run down the edge of the fence. i've spoken to some other electricians and they seem to think this is acceptable, but it seems strange to me. Any thoughts?

I think it will need to be mechanically secure and visible.

I have a job to do and aspart of it the guy wants power in his shed about 30Metres from his house. I started to talk about digging channels etc when he said i just want it run down the edge of the fence. i've spoken to some other electricians and they seem to think this is acceptable, but it seems strange to me. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]Yes.

JFDI

i did one similer and i used cleats and fixed to the gravel boards and it look ok but at to get a carban tip drill so the board didt crumble

If thats what he wants , where is the problem , clip SWA to fence . As I have said in previous posts , electricians are notorious for inventing problems . I think it stems from all the restrictions , rules and regulations that are imposed upon us.

If a job looks too easy we seem to start inventing problems and non existing regs .

As I have said before , my mate , excellent sparks , still maintains you can't fit a pendant in a kitchen.

Guy in the wholesalers a while back, on about fitting an RCD to the light in a toilet, because " of all the water" What water ? Peeing all over the walls are they ?

Toilets have lights in them now? :p
c0076982_1565481.jpg

Well, somebody had to. :C

If its a rickety fence I would not fix to it as when it falls down the cable will probably get damaged then matey will probably want to claim on your insurance as you have not done it correctly. Personally unless its a close board fence I would not fix to it.

get a competent person in to do it,questions like this do my head in.
Then don't reply to the thread!

It's comments like that, that I came away from other forums in order to start a friendly forum up!!

bury it a little but just put in some markers so people know where the cable is before they dig

Latest posts