Ryobi 2 Year Warranty

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PC Electrics

Reaction score
In a previous thread I asked for opinions about whether to buy into Bosch or Makita. The reason was that I was rather tee'd off with my Ryobi Li-ion batteries which are both about 18 months old. One is definately faulty and the other seems to have gone off the boil.

In a fit of pique, I thought I'd ring up Ryobi and "give 'em hell". Well, I spoke to a very helpful chap, who informed me that the tools and the batteries have a 2 year warranty!

The upshot is that a courier is coming to pick up the faulty battery on Monday. It will go back for testing and either be repaired or replaced.

Result!

I was attracted to the Bosch because of the 3 year warranty (Makita only give 1 year and the Bosch extended warranty excludes the batteries), but it looks like I'll be able to keep hold of my money for a while longer if I can get these batteries replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done.

Glad my old Ryobi was well past the 2 years....dont feel gutted that it went in the skip.

Not sure you are right about the Bosch warranty regarding batterys, I had two 12v batterys changed under warrenty after one melted and the other just packed up within a year of buying it. Having said that, that was over 6 years ago! :)

Sorry, what I meant was that the batteries were only covered by the standard 1 year warranty as required by law, but they are excluded from the extended 3 year warranty which covers the tool only.

Sorry, what I meant was that the batteries were only covered by the standard 1 year warranty as required by law, but they are excluded from the extended 3 year warranty which covers the tool only.
In the words of Alan Partridge - Ah Ha!

That makes sense, hense how I managed to get some new ones! :) Guinness