Safe storage of fluorescent lamps

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex1

No Longer Here
Reaction score
If anyone can help please do. 

I am looking to buy some fluorescent lamp storage tubes so that we can safely store tubes on site. Clearly the large 'coffin' type things are too large and bulky so I want to buy a few of the tubes in the picture. Only problem is I cannot find a placr to buy any. Plenty of places to hire for recyling but purchasing seems to be an issue. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We had several Balcan recycle tubes/bins outside the workshop. Despite 100’s of lamps and tubes being booked out of stores only two found their way in to the recycle storage, I wonder where the rest went?

1000W MBFU precision bomb aiming off the OH cranes was much more fun.  Drop a lamp just behind my shift fitters or take it to the shop ? ? ? ?

as per Andy, I've had a short length of drain pipe in the van for many years, the tubes come in a cardboard sleeve which sufficient protection whilst being bounced around in the tube.

Cheers fellas. 

Twin walled drainage pipe it is. 

Last edited by a moderator:
can't ya just get a big bit of underground ducting and cap both ends yourself? and write hazardous on it...   thats all that picture looks like to me

Latest posts