Save gas - Potterton Suprema 120 wall mounted balanced flue boiler (FIAJ)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok never mind the title - I wonder if anyone gets it.

At the church where I work there is a CH system - a Potterton Suprema 120 wall mounted balanced flue boiler serving about 10 rads around the place including one in my office. The system is controlled by a wickes digital programmer (RB....something - 2 channel) The DHW is in a separate system heated by an immersion.

The gas bills seem somewhat expensive -

Yeah, well just looked into that actually, no would be the simple answer. Most seem to be 10-20min or so.

Maybe this would be better;

http://www.horstmann.co.uk/water-heating.php#Electrisaver

You can also get DIN rail mounted stairway and corridor lighting controllers that have longer delay times, this can be wired to a normal momentary wall switch. You can probably get other run back timers that are set at a single time, I've only ever seen the Horstmann ones though.

I doun=bt its anything to do with the HW circuit, its on the other side of the building and completely separate fed from an immersion. Potterton looks quite new so won't be changed unless its broken

I doun=bt its anything to do with the HW circuit, its on the other side of the building and completely separate fed from an immersion.
More investigating required in that case. Is it just the one rad that gets hot, and there are no other controls apart from the clock and stat?

Potterton looks quite new so won't be changed unless its broken
Not long now then!

Just noticed the title of the thread, I only actually typed save gas (FIAJ) .... clever software! I may have to explain the FIAJ if no one gets it (clue - you used to get T shirts with this slogan on the front - 1970's)....

Just noticed the title of the thread, I only actually typed save gas (FIAJ) .... clever software!
It's not that clever, it can;t spell Suprima either. ;)

I may have to explain the FIAJ if no one gets it (clue - you used to get T shirts with this slogan on the front - 1970's)....
Ah, way before my time then! I can relax now.

Just noticed the title of the thread, I only actually typed save gas (FIAJ) .... clever software! I may have to explain the FIAJ if no one gets it (clue - you used to get T shirts with this slogan on the front - 1970's)....
I copied and pasted the extra, from your OP, Rev. (As soon as you started the thread)

:D

Got to the bottom of it all at last. The boiler had the perm and sw lives linked which meant the timer did nothing. Office rads on TRVs . Rest of system fed via a MV under the floor.

Removed the link and put all the times the church was in use into the programmer. Installed the Horstman E30 in the church hall next to the room stat. All working a treat now and saving gas and

Got to the bottom of it all at last. The boiler had the perm and sw lives linked which meant the timer did nothing. Office rads on TRVs . Rest of system fed via a MV under the floor.Removed the link and put all the times the church was in use into the programmer. Installed the Horstman E30 in the church hall next to the room stat. All working a treat now and saving gas and

well looked a bit botched if you ask me. The room stat had 3 core going to it and all 3 cores connected even though only 2 connections needed. But couldnt be bothered to connect the earth and just chopped it off. Hopefully better now. I am going to post some pics of the handiwork of a local contractor who charged over