Scam logo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gselectrical

Reaction score
Wheres the NIC logo beneath my username gone?...more to the point how do I get it back? :|

GS

Wheres the NIC logo beneath my username gone?...more to the point how do I get it back? :| GS
thats cause youve been kicked off the site :^O

:^O

Only joking matey, ;) admins probably been playing with settings or something daft, daft sod that he is :^O ;)

Cant say I see any merit in it.......Sorry admin !

I use it vigourasly in my day to date promotional and advertising methods , but am happy not to fly the flag for the NICEIC on this forum, unless they [NICEIC] would care to pay me to do so.....unlikely wouldnt you say?.....so i will stay annonymous as far as my username header goes ......No probs with other members choices though just stating my own

Cant say I see any merit in it.......Sorry admin !I use it vigourasly in my day to date promotional and advertising methods , but am happy not to fly the flag for the NICEIC on this forum, unless they [NICEIC] would care to pay me to do so.....unlikely wouldnt you say?.....so i will stay annonymous as far as my username header goes ......No probs with other members choices though just stating my own
No problem A1 - you are entitled to your opinion. :D

As far as I am aware an electrician is an electrician, and does not have to belong to any governing body to be one.

So I see no reason for any member to justify not having a scheme provider logo under their name, providing information and advise given is in line with regulations including building regulations.

TBH I think it would be more relevant to have something like...

Interested DIYER

1st Year APPRENTICE

2nd Year APPRENTICE

3rd Year APPRENTICE

4th Year APPRENTICE

Electricians Mate

Electrician

etc, etc

I think it'd give you a bit more info about the poster as to the percieved quality/accuracy of their posts

I cant agree with that Noz mate as it would in my humble opinion, lead to an eliteist heirachy in the forum ,and thats not beneficial to good debate..I think you should be able to post without having to prove anything....just debating points and seeing what transpires without having to have any little pally clicks going on within the forum membership has got to be the best way......Note : In my opinion.....others may well have ,and are ceretainly entitled to hold ,different views......i.e yours Noz mate !

God knows how it'd be regulated,, I guess it'd have to be on trust and maybe be able to be altered and locked by the ADMIN & MODS

As for people not wanting their info on the site.. I can't see the point of not showing it TBH.. I'd have thought that most would be happy to show their status.. It's not like you're giving your name and address away (oh hang on those of us who have put our details in the advertising bit already have! ;) )

Fair enough a1... I'm not saying it's a fool proof thing and it does have it's downsides, but sometimes it can make a difference to the reply you give if you know the OP's background!

Only an idea though;)

I have a Phd in elctro chemical processes, a BEng (Hons) , and a certificate for the egg and spoon race.

One of the above is true the others are false.

Thats how hard it is to prove via forum, what anyone says is the truth and the whole truth, the only thing we can be sure of is that any advise should be good and to agreed good practice guides.

THere is that point to consider Noz ,and its a fair one to make,however you can gain a fair bit of a posters ability /experience from the way the post is constructed, and it shouldnt matter if he has little or loads of abilty , if he is seeking advice .then thats what he should get , i dont beleive in titles ,logos etc ... too many clueless people use them in the wrong way Noz.