Scam logo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Phd in elctro chemical processes, a BEng (Hons) , and a certificate for the egg and spoon race.One of the above is true the others are false.

Thats how hard it is to prove via forum, what anyone says is the truth and the whole truth, the only thing we can be sure of is that any advise should be good and to agreed good practice guides.
So where did you come in the egg and spoon race mate?? ;) ; )

Like I said, it does have it's downsides but if people are honest as to what they are then I think it would help in our responses...

Just an idea though

THere is that point to consider Noz ,and its a fair one to make,however you can gain a fair bit of a posters ability /experience from the way the post is constructed, and it shouldnt matter if he has little or loads of abilty , if he is seeking advice .then thats what he should get , i dont beleive in titles ,logos etc ... too many clueless people use them in the wrong way Noz.
got to agree with you there mate... plenty of people with low standards both hiding behind logos and also without any registration... crikey, I've had to fix plenty of other "electricians" work

So where did you come in the egg and spoon race mate?? ;) ; ) ROTFWL Like I said, it does have it's downsides but if people are honest as to what they are then I think it would help in our responses...

Just an idea though
a1 Spark

mr smith has been away recently

and is only now catching up with developments

mr noz

if a way could be found to regulate such a system

i believe it would be of use to the forum at large

i would also say that those who do not display a scheme providers logo

yet are with a scheme

cannot expect their answers and arguments to be given the same level of credibility as the others

this is my personal view

as a layman in your world

mr smith

Can I ask how we got on to regulating the forum membership from the question first asked about what happend to his logo? :C :C:C

Can I ask how we got on to regulating the forum membership from the question first asked about what happend to his logo? :C :C:C
Certainly Mate,

Previously, anyone could claim they were a member of a Scheme Provider and just click the option for the Provider they claim to be with.

Since I have put together a "Fool Proof" way of doing it, we have had a much less, uptake on Scheme Provider Logo applications.

Regards,

Admin.

TBH I think it would be more relevant to have something like...Interested DIYER

1st Year APPRENTICE

2nd Year APPRENTICE

3rd Year APPRENTICE

4th Year APPRENTICE

Electricians Mate

Electrician

etc, etc

I think it'd give you a bit more info about the poster as to the percieved quality/accuracy of their posts
Dont forget the Vet's option

Certainly Mate,Previously, anyone could claim they were a member of a Scheme Provider and just click the option for the Provider they claim to be with.

Since I have put together a "Fool Proof" way of doing it, we have had a much less, uptake on Scheme Provider Logo applications.

Regards,

Admin.
Admin

I was refering to the fact GS asked what happend to his scam logo then someone suggested about something totally different to the original question asked.

Thats how hard it is to prove via forum, what anyone says is the truth and the whole truth, the only thing we can be sure of is that any advise should be good and to agreed good practice guides.
I've got people believing I'm a Vet :innocent

I do quite like the idea of an optional 'level of qualification'. It wouldn't make anyone's view more or less valid.

I'm more disappointed by people who are members of schemes not wanting to display the logo. I like my MRCVS one because I worked damn hard for it and I'm proud of it. It does add some basic quality control.

TBH I think it would be more relevant to have something like...Interested DIYER

1st Year APPRENTICE

2nd Year APPRENTICE

3rd Year APPRENTICE

4th Year APPRENTICE

Electricians Mate

Electrician

etc, etc

I think it'd give you a bit more info about the poster as to the percieved quality/accuracy of their posts
interesting...

I like the idea, Noz - but how do you regulate it?Plus, some members don`t want to provide that sort of info - do we leave them blank?
if someone wants to leave it blank then so be it, they obviously arent bothered or are unable to prove any form of competence

I cant agree with that Noz mate as it would in my humble opinion, lead to an eliteist heirachy in the forum ,and thats not beneficial to good debate..I think you should be able to post without having to prove anything....just debating points and seeing what transpires without having to have any little pally clicks going on within the forum membership has got to be the best way......Note : In my opinion.....others may well have ,and are ceretainly entitled to hold ,different views......i.e yours Noz mate !
that is a just thought,

but shouldnt the reader be allowed to have an idea if the poster is on their level(ie, just another DIYer) or actually a competent person(as recognised in law) and therefore perhaps in a slightly better position to give the required advice.?

on reading the various posts from different labeled members I think (IMHO) it may well lend itself to the DIYer (or training OP) being able to form an opinion as to the general consensus of various qualified people, in whatever field/level they practice.

Certainly Mate,Previously, anyone could claim they were a member of a Scheme Provider and just click the option for the Provider they claim to be with.

Regards,

Admin.
Not fool proof at all. Any one can look through any of the providers lists to find a local electrician & choose a name. Then contact you and claim to be that company. In my case the phone number i gave you for confirmation is not the number listed against my company on the Niceic roll. When i confirmed your code via that same mobile number i 'was in' but could have been anybody !

got to agree with you there mate... plenty of people with low standards both hiding behind logos and also without any registration... crikey, I've had to fix plenty of other "electricians" work
And there may also be plenty of Competent and experienced electricians here who work for somebody/company so cant (shouldn't re my above post) list a logo

I also check against a scanned (or Photo) of your Registration Certificate/ID.

You also can't get the Registration Start Date and Certifcate Number off of the NICEIC Website either, which you need to provide upon your application with us.

mmm - you're telling me Deke manages to scan his ID and email it to you? Somethings not right here.............. :D
I'm not just a pretty face you know!! Who conjured up Brian eh! Answer me that!

Who,s scanned and posted a photo of himself and the dog watching a UFO over the nuclear submarine loch on the Forum, eh!

Whos that knocking the door ? Oh,..... Special Branch....... er right .... hhmmmmm ,........ I may be a while. :innocent :Blushing

I'm not just a pretty face you know!! Who conjured up Brian eh! Answer me that! Who,s scanned and posted a photo of himself and the dog watching a UFO over the nuclear submarine loch on the Forum, eh!

Whos that knocking the door ? Oh,..... Special Branch....... er right .... hhmmmmm ,........ I may be a while. :innocent :Blushing
Be sure it's not MI6 - you might end up dead in the bath.......