scantronic,texecom,cooper,videx

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simoandson

Reaction score
Hi to all, I am a new member, I have recently taken over a 45 building maintenance job, my problem is the alarms and door entry, some of the offices are empty, some of these have alarms, (Scantronic, Texecom, Cooper etc) I need to reset them to factory so new tenants can utilise them, or install new, while installing would not be a problem, the time taken takes me from my other duties, and as with all things time is money...I have looked at the installation manuals for most of the scantronic, I have factory set codes, what I need is a way to factory reset them, while I know someone will say just short the nvm kick start, most of the boards do not have them...or I cannot see them, I also have door entry systems, most are easy to reset, but some I need to re wire, the tenants have tried to take them on leaving, found it difficult and decided to destroyed the cable runs.... so any help would be really appreciated  looking forward to your replies.........

the reset procedure is in the manuals. but be aware that the engineer code can be locked, so if you dont have it and reset the panel, it needs a new panel

Hi Andy, thanks for the quick reply, there are no installer manuals nor operator manuals, the tenants have removed everything...in some cases quite literally everything, there are on some panels as mentioned no obvious links to short the panel to factory set...I have done one with a pcb that was clearly marked with kick start and nvm, but others are not as obvious, so a little nudge in the right direction as to where on the pcb would I need to reset them.